DUR-A-PLEX® Ultra 800

Exterior Alkyd Low-Sheen House Paint Exterior Alkyd House Paint with excellent hiding and weathering properties combined with very low gloss reflectance. Conforms to Master Painter Institute (MPI) standard # 8.

Low Sheen
Technical Specifications
Solvent Type: 
Aliphatic Hydrocarbon
371 g/l (3.10 #/gal)
Flash Point: 
Solids by Volume: 
Weight Per Gallon: 
Theoretical Coverage: 
Theoretical coverage at one mil dry = 842 square feet (estimate does not include normal material losses during mixing and application process).
85-90 KU
Average Dry Time: 
3 Hours Dry to Touch, 6 Hours for Second Coat Application, 7 Days Full Cure
Not Recommended Due to VOC Restrictions
Suggested Clean Up: 
Mineral Spirits
Shelf Life: 
12 Months
Application Method: 
Brush, Roller or Spray. NOTE: Do not apply if material, substrate or ambient temperature is below 45ºF(7ºC) or above 95ºF(35ºC). Best if relative humidity is below 80%.
Surface Preparation: 
Remove all loose dirt, rust, oil, grease, excess moisture and other foreign matter.
Stir until thoroughly homogenized
Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Adequate ventilation required when sanding or abrading the dried film. If adequate ventilation cannot be provided wear an approved particulate respirator (NIOSH approved). Follow respirator manufacturer's directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
First Aid: 
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. Delayed Effects from Long term Overexposure. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal. Reports have associated repeated or prolonged overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.